As an Enforcement Agent & Debt Collection Company that strives for excellence, Phoenix is committed to improving the environmental performance of its business activities and encouraging those with whom we come into contact and members of the wider community to join us in our efforts to promote initiatives that help to conserve the environment.
- Energy use
- Raw material use
- Waste generation
- Emissions to air/water
- Water use
- Sourcing goods and services
This policy describes how we will achieve our environmental aims and objectives.
This policy applies to all employees of Phoenix and all of our activities, both internally and externally.
Our PolicyOur policy is to:
- Support and comply with environmental legislation.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste and recycling where possible.
- Promote environmental awareness amongst our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Only purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and where possible, encourage our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles that help to minimise pollution to the environment and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or services we intend to introduce, in advance.
Implemented a formal environmental management system - ISO 14001 accreditation.
As part of our ongoing commitment towards protecting the environment, Phoenix has achieved ISO 14001 accreditation.
ISO 14001 Accredited
Registration Number: GB17915
- ISO 14001 Accredited
- Ensure that sufficient resources are made available at all times to comply with the requirements of our ISO 14001 accreditation at all of our office/operational premises.
- Set targets that aim to continually improve environmental performance.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
- Ensure that our employees understand our Environmental Policy, they are educated and trained about environmental issues that may affect their work and possess an awareness of how they can minimise any negative environmental impact.
- Be open and responsive to any environmental concerns raised by our employees, customers or members of the public.
- Designed our office environment/facilities to minimise waste and promote energy efficiency.
Protecting the environment
To manage environmental impacts and risks, we commit to promoting the 5 R’s of Waste Management.
ResourceWe will review all materials provided within our offices to ensure that they meet the following criteria where possible:
- We will ensure that all materials purchased are high quality durable products
- We will not habitually use stationery stores
- We will use recycled materials where they are of an acceptable quality
- We will purchase reusable or refurbished products
- We will replace aerosols with pump dispensers
- We will use a photocopier that can print on both sides of a sheet of paper to minimise paper requirements
ReduceWe will seek to reduce our consumption of raw materials by:
- Using only what we need to use
- Issuing new in exchange for old
- Reducing paper consumption overall
- Printing on both sides of paper
- Making any corrections on screen
- Using circulation lists rather than individual copies
- Using notice boards
- Using electronic mail
- Reusing envelopes
- Minimising junk mail
- Plan office moves carefully to avoid the need to change stationery
Re-useWe will seek to re-use materials by:
- Choosing re-usable and refillable products
- Re-inking and refilling print cartridges
- Re-using incoming packaging
- Using re-chargeable batteries
- Selling / giving away unwanted equipment
Re-cycleWe will seek to promote the need to use and re-use by:
- Purchasing products that can be recycled
- Fully utilising the office re-cycling scheme
Responsible disposal of wasteWe will manage the disposal of waste in a controlled environment by:
- Making adequate arrangements for confidential disposal of documentation, reports and paperwork
- Ensuring full compliance with duty of care regulations and use registered contractors for waste disposal
- Disposing of difficult waste using specialist disposal companies
This environmental policy applies to all of our business operations. Paul Caddy, Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented. All employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Training & Staff Awareness
We will provide our employees with information and training to fully integrate this policy into their responsibilities at work. This will include induction and ongoing refresher training for new or existing employees.
Targets & Objectives
We will set challenging environmental targets to continually improve our environmental performance. Phoenix has developed a series of action plans to supplement each of our environmental policy objectives. Copies of these action plans are available on request.
We will ensure that the appropriate level of resources is available to enable us to achieve our environmental objectives and targets.
Monitoring and Auditing
We will regularly evaluate the environmental performance of our operations and personnel, and recognise achievements which support this policy. Progress against our environmental objectives and targets will be monitored through quarterly management meetings.
Communication & Review
We will review this policy on an annual basis, taking into account any changes within legislation, the Company or other factors..
We will communicate this policy to all employees and ensure that they are given appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues.
We will make this policy available when requested to all interested parties including members of the public.
For and on behalf of Phoenix Commercial Collections Limited
23rd May 2018